Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sister Sada's Super Soft Sugar Cookies

This is the recipe that I use - they are better than the Wal-Mart ones though! Be careful on the dough - it WILL be a big sticky gooey glob, I usually add up to 1 1/2 c flour when rolling out so that when I take my 'lefttovers' and roll those out I can add a bit more flour w/o them drying out.


Sister Sada's Super Soft Sugar Cookies*
farmin_mama

1 c margerine
2 eggs
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
4 c flour
1 3/4 c sugar
1 8 oz container sour cream
1 t soda

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together dry ingredients (minus sugar). Cream margerine and sugar together. Add eggs and sour cream. Mix well. Gradually add in dry ingredients, mixing well. Roll these cookies out for cut out cookies, batter will be quite sticky at first so be sure to knead some flour into it. Up to 2 cups flour can be added when rolling out the dough. Roll to about 1/4 inch thick. Cookies will not brown and will rise high. Sprinkle w/ sugar before baking or frost afterwards. I also usually grease my cookie sheets.

*These are my all time fave sugar cookie - always soft and chewy and never brown. When baking these cookies rise up but never out so you can place them fairly close on the cookie sheet and not worry about them sticking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment