Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crockpot French Dip

Crock Pot French Dip - I also made this recipe yesterday. After reading Cyndy's review, I couldn't wait to get home from work and smell my house, lol! It was seriously yummy!! I'm not a huge French dip fan, but DH LOVES them - orders them all the time when we go out to lunch. He said it was one of the best he's ever had and that he could eat it every day! Even DS liked the meat (which I served him on a little baked potato). Since I was at work, I left it on for 8 1/2 hours and then it stayed on warm for about an hour. When I got home, I shredded the beef with 2 forks and then put it back on low while I got the bread ready and it worked fine. I used fresh mini-hoagie rolls from the bakery. I might be a French dip convert after this, and needless to say, I will be making it again.

Crockpot French Dip
mom2brs

Ingredients (this fed 4 people w/ a little left over)
2.5 - 3 lb chuck roast
Salt & pepper
1 medium yellow onion
3/4 cup beef broth
1/4 cup soy sauce (I used the low sodium)
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp creole mustard (I used spicy brown mustard)
2 cloves of garlic (I used the jarred kind)
Sandwich rolls
Provolone cheese

Directions
Trim visible fat from roast
Salt / pepper each side and sear the roast in a pan on the stove top (1'ish min per side)
Cut onion and place whole rings in bottom of crock pot
Mix broth; soy sauce; water; worcestershire sauce; mustard and garlic in a bowl and pour a little in the bottom of the crock pot
Put roast on top of onions and pour remainder of sauce over roast
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours

My notes - I put the broiler on and toasted the rolls (with a little margarine on them) & melted a slice of provolone cheese. Use 2 forks to shred the roast and put on the rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment