Sunday, March 24, 2013

Brownie Batter Pancakes

averyhappymama · Pass a Note! 
Posted 3 hours ago
Occasionally I'll get chocolate cravings. I'll want to make some homemade brownies or a nice moist chocolate cake. Usually I avoid that and just take a bite of dark chocolate instead. But when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to try them. So yesterday the family enjoyed Brownie Batter Pancakes for breakfast. What a treat! Since the recipe has no egg I was able to let my 4 year old lick the spoon guilt-free. I also made sure to cook some protein on the side. The pancakes had a nice texture. We ate ours without syrup, and just sprinkled on a bit of powdered sugar for color. Oh, I also had to increase the recipe because it makes so little. I'm writing it as found online though.

Brownie Batter Pancakes

averyhappymama via Chocolate Covered Katie blog
(Makes 6-8 silver-dollar pancakes)
  • 1/4 cup spelt flour (or all-purpose or Bob’s gluten-free)
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa or dutch cocoa (You can sub regular cocoa, but I haven’t tried it in this recipe and therefore can’t personally vouch for the taste)
  • 1 and 1/2 packets nunaturals stevia or 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar (you can use less if you’re planning to top with syrup and don’t want the actual pancakes to taste sweet.)
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1 and 1/2 tbsp applesauce or oil (Personally, I use 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp applesauce. I don’t like the taste of fat-free pancakes.)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 5 and 1/2 tbsp milk of choice
Mix dry ingredients very well, then add wet. Make pancakes!
There are only 130 calories in this entire recipe. If you want a more substantial breakfast, feel free to make a bigger serving and/or go crazy with the toppings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment