Friday, March 15, 2013

Oriental Noodle Soup


Oriental Noodle SoupThis was pretty good.  It is very low in calories (I figured 144 per serving, 3 servings total).  My kids didn't love the mushrooms but I liked them.  I did dice up the mushrooms and I would recommend using Angel Hair pasta in this.  I used thin spaghetti but it was still a little too thick.  I think it would be good with a crunch, like water chestnuts in it too.
Oriental Noodle Soup
Amy - amylz
Quick & Healthy Carb Conscious Cooking

5 cups fat free chicken broth
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 oz angel hair pasta
4 green onions, sliced thin
3/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots

Combine the first three ingredients in a medium stockpot.  Bring to a boil.  Break pasta into small pieces.  Add pasta and vegetables to the stockpot.  Cook for 5-6 minutes or until pasta is ender.  

No comments:

Post a Comment