Thursday, August 1, 2013

Peanut Butter Granola Bars

I made some for the first time last week, the recipe came from a post here on bbc, can't remember exactly which one though. Anyways, my kids are picky and they loved these. I have made 2 batches, and am making more today. It is 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 a cup brown sugar, heat in a sauce pan until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and quickly add 1/2 cup peanut butter, blend well. In a mixing bowl, add two cups quick oats, and 2 cups rice krispies. Pour honey mixture in and mix well. Add any add ins, I do chocolate chips and coconut, you can do whatever you like. Press firmly into a 9 x 13 pan (I lined mine with foil and oiled it) and refridgerate until firm. I waited about 2 hours. Cut into 24 bars. My kids couldn't get emough. I had to hide them.

No comments:

Post a Comment