Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cowboy Caviar

Cowboy Caviar! (hadjeb)
Dice 1 each: green, yellow and red pepper
1/2 red onion
4 stalks celery

Add (drain juice):
1 can pinto beans with jalapeno
1 can black-eyed peas
1 can shoe-peg corn

Heat to dissolve:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar

Add: 1/2 cup canola oil

Best with Fritos Scoops

**The first time I made it, I made it with the beans as the recipe has.  The second time,I made it with one can of red beans and one can of black beans (drained well and rinsed well).  I liked it better that way actually.  I also made it with some thawed frozen corn instead of canned because that is what I had.  Yum!

**Oh I love that cowboy caviar!! It's my hubbie's favorite. Another way to serve it to spread a layer of cream cheese across a plate and put the "caviar" on top so you can scoop it up with a tortilla or cracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment