Thursday, April 14, 2011

Homemade Granola

Homemade Granola- I made this the other night and it's almost all gone, LOL. This is super easy and SO delicious. Seriously, I think I'm addicted..... I've been eating it with yogurt, on to of apple sauce, by itself. Its crunchy and slightly sweet. I think I over baked the first batch, since my oven runs high. The second cookie sheet turned out way better with my temp set to 300 and baking it for 23 minutes.


Homemade Granola
CindyJ~mommy_of_love1

4 C old fashion rolled oats
3/4 C oat bran
1/2 C raw almonds
1/2 C pecans
1/2 C walnuts
1 tsp salt
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C maple syrup
1/3 C honey
1/2 C canola oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 C golden raisins

In a large bowl combine oats, oat bran, raisins and nuts. In a sauce pan over med heat bring to a boil the oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Remove from heat and toss with oat mixture, until well combined. Spread in an even layer onto 2 rimmed cookie sheets and bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until the granola starts to brown slightly. Let cool completely, before breaking into pieces. Store in an air tight container, or food storage bag for up to 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment