Saturday, April 16, 2011

Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese

I can't for the life of me remember where I got this recipe, I'm going to list myself as OP, but if it's yours please claim it! :) I've made this a couple times lately and it disappears so fast.... it's sooooo yummy!! I've had monkey bread before, but it didn't have the cream cheese it... and anything with cream cheese is amazing of course! :


Monkey Bread
JRiley25 - Jessi

1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 8 oz. package cream cheese - I usually only end up using 1/2 the pkg
2 (12 oz) cans refridgerated biscuits (10 biscuits/can)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts - divided

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray inside of a bundt pan generously.

Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon, set aside.

In saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar on low heat - stir well and set aside.

Cut each biscuit in half and press it flat with fingers. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place a pinch (about 1/8 tsp) cream cheese in center of each flattened biscuit, wrap and seal the biscuit into a ball around the cream cheese.

Sprinkle 1/4 cup walnuts in bottom of bundt pan. Place half (20) of the prepared biscuits in the pan. Sprinkle with half of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture, pour 1/2 the butter/brown sugar mixture on top.

Layer the next 20 biscuits on top. Follow with remaining cinnamon/sugar, remaining butter mixture and 1/4 walnuts.

Bake 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes and invert onto a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment