Friday, September 23, 2011

Squash and Pasta Salad

Squash and Pasta Salad - This was delicious. It was so simple too. I used some shaved parmesan and I liked how that worked in this. Everything was just really fresh and good! The only change I made was I didn't steam the veggies. I just threw them in raw. I will make this again!

Squash and Pasta Salad
Sandy~~*~Sandy~*~

4 cups coarsely chopped yellow summer squash
4 cups rigatoni
2 cups cherry tomato halves
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large cloves of garlic, pressed
3 T balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated

Steam the squash in a vegetable steamer just until tender-crisp. Cool. Cook the rigatoni just until tender using the package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Mix the squash, rigatoni, tomatoes and basil in a salad bowl. Drizzle a mixture of the olive oil, garlic, vinegar and salt and pepper over the salad. Add the cheese; toss lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment