Sunday, April 29, 2012

Grilled Shrimp, Sausage, Mushroom and Red Pepper Kabobs


I have to share this recipe that I made up entirely by myself (yay me!).  It was so good and light - perfect for adding to the rotation as we come into summer!  You can easily switch out the ingredients to your liking. -mom2brs
Grilled Shrimp; Sausage; Mushroom & Red Pepper Kabobs
mom2brs
Ingredients:
3/4 lb raw shrimp; peeled and deveined
1 pkg of raw mushrooms - cleaned and de-stemmed
1 red pepper, cut into lengths and small pieces
1 pkg chicken sausage (mine was flavored with pesto...but there are spicier versions)
Italian dressing
Lemon pepper
Olive oil
Garlic
Directions:
Night before 
Sautee sausage about 3/4 through cooking; set aside on paper towels to drain and cool.  
Peel and devein shrimp; cut pepper and clean/ de-stem mushrooms (keep only the tops of mushrooms)
In separate plastic bags, put Italian dressing for any component you want to marinade in it (I did mushrooms and peppers); put lemon pepper seasoning; garlic and olive oil for others ( I did the shrimp in that) and the cooked items (i.e.: sausage - goes in a separate bag)
Refrigerate / Marinate overnite
Night Of:
Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes in cold water
Preheat oven to about 350 degrees
Load your skewers with your items (I separated half cooked items from raw)
Veggies cook a little longer - so put them on first for about 10 minutes total (rotating throughout)
Shrimp and pre-cooked items take 3-5 minutes (rotating throughout)
I served over brown rice.  It made an amazing meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment