Thursday, May 31, 2012

Arugula Pesto


From BabyCenter:
I have a sneaking suspicion I've posted this recipe before (I know I did a spinach pesto, maybe that's what I'm thinking of). I got a ton of arugula in my CSA box, so I made arugula pesto. I served it with linguine, but I've previously served it with whole wheat spaghetti. I also had some fresh shelling peas so I threw in an handful of those (raw) with the cooked pasta and it was a really nice touch. This recipe makes for a super simple, vegetarian, spring dinner, and my kids like it. I served the pasta with a green salad.
Arugula Pesto
sadie_love from a Giada de Laurentis recipe
2 cups of arugula, washed and spun dry (I cram as much as I can fit in my food processor - probably more like 3 cups)
1 clove garlic (I use substantially more, in part because I use more arugula)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 grated parmesan
salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each).
Combine the arugula and garlic in a food processor and process to a rough paste. Drizzle olive oil in while continuing to process. Remove to a bowl and add parmesan, salt and pepper.
Like I said, I served it as a pasta sauce, and threw in a couple handfuls of fresh peas. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment