Friday, September 6, 2013

Barbecued Vegetables

Barbecued Vegetables - These were really easy to make a great vegetable dish.  I used regular frozen green beans and I just cooked them in the microwave instead of blanching them.  Then I used a green pepper, a yellow onion, grape tomatoes and I left the mushrooms whole (I did an 8oz package).  If I were to make this again, I would double the sauce.  It isn't really a sauce when it's done but just adds some flavor to the veggies.
Barbequed Vegetables
jtwinzz

16 oz frozen french cut green beans                               
1 Bell Pepper (green or red) cut in thin strips
1 med. onion (yellow or white) thinly sliced                    
2 med. tomatoes, wedged
4 oz mushrooms, sliced (may use canned)                     
1-2  T.. butter, melted
2 t. Dijon Mustard
2 T. brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
 
Blanch beans and drain.  Place beans in 9x13 baking dish.  Layer remaining veggies on top.  Make sauce by combining remaining ingredients, and drizzle over veggies.  Cover and bake for 20-25 min at 350.  (May cook in microwave if using micro. safe dish - cook about 10 minutes - check for doneness as microwaves vary)

No comments:

Post a Comment