Friday, September 6, 2013

Interesting Tomato Sauce recipe

I start on a high heat with a few of the red tomatoes with the skin on to help intensify the sugar taste of the finished sauce, then I reduce the heat and gently warm through the rest of the mixture. Some of the tomatoes will pulp out and some will stay whole pending on the species/ripeness and if you leave the skins on. Once I have mixed the pasta into the sauce in the pan I sprinkle with parmesan and basil, and occasionally also with lemon zest if I have not already added a glass of good wine towards the end of the cooking.
All in all I do not think it takes more than 10/14 minutes to cook, but most importantly is the universal success of the dish. Even guests with strong carnivorous leanings are happy after a plate of it. However I doubt they would find a tomato sauce based on the canned variety as evocative of summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment