Thursday, January 20, 2011

Curried Cream of Zucchini Soup

Curried Cream of Zucchini Soup-4kowboys

1 lb (1 medium) green zucchini unpeeled
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 tsp curry powder
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup milk or half and half
chives or parsley to garnish

clean zucchini and slice. cook in butter with the garlic, onion, salt and curry powder until all is softened but not browned, about 20 minutes. pour into a food processor or blender with the chicken broth and process until smooth. *REMEMBER* hot things in blenders expand upwards, do in small batches. pour back into pot and add the milk heat through but do not boil. serve hot or cold add garnish.

*Rachel's Notes: I added in a head of cauliflower. I used shreddedzucchini from this past summer that I had frozen. In addition I added 1/2 tsp. tumeric and 1/8 tsp. cayenne pwdr. I used a stick blender to blend everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment